Your appliance was custom made for your teeth in our office and can be adjusted to your personal comfort level.
- It generally takes about two weeks for most patients to become comfortable wearing their appliance at night.
- The appliance should be worn every night.
- Wear the appliance during naps whenever possible.
- Daily: After wearing your appliance, gently brush it with toothpaste. Always keep the appliance in water when not being used to prevent cracking. It is recommended to store it in the provided case with a small amount of water.
- Once a month: your appliance should be soaked in a denture cleaning solution or white vinegar at least once a month (i.e. Efferdent, Polident, Retainerbrite)
- Once a year: bring your appliance with you to your cleaning appointment so we can evaluate the fit and amount of wear to your appliance.
- Periodically: your appliance will need to be relined or remade after 2-3 years. There is a charge for this service.
- Be careful not to drop your appliance. It is common for patients to drop their appliance into the sink during handling and the appliance will break if dropped on any hard surface.
- Heat can distort the appliance. Do not wash your appliance in a dishwasher. Also, do not leave the appliance in the glove compartment of a car.
- KEEP YOUR APPLIANCE AWAY FROM PETS – Dogs love to chew these appliances!
Thank you for your cooperation and continued commitment to good oral health. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us at (310) 278-0440 or email us at [email protected]