As the world’s most innovative clear orthodontic system, Invisalign helps patients achieve the smile they’ve always wanted with minimal disruption to their daily lifestyle. Customized clear aligners that are comprised of a smooth patented material help individuals benefit from comfortable treatment that is faster than previous teeth straightening solutions and more predictable than ever before. Committed to providing patients with the most advanced solutions available, Dr. Matt Nejad has developed significant expertise using Invisalign to straighten crooked teeth.
From the first day of treatment to the last, Invisalign is a hassle-free way for patients of all ages to achieve the smile that they want and deserve. The clear aligners are removable, so patients do not have to avoid certain foods or change their oral care regimen. Patients simply remove their aligners while eating, and brush their teeth before putting the aligners back in. What’s more, there are no bulky metal components to be concerned about. No metal means that patients will never experience an emergency due to a broken bracket and no more gum or tongue injuries. Best of all, particularly for teens and adults, Invisalign aligners are virtually unnoticeable.
Invisalign: Treatable Cases
Invisalign continues to expand the types of cases it can be used for so more and more individuals are able to benefit from the clear aligner system. From simple straightening to more complex fixes, the following are treatable cases with Invisalign:
- Overbite: When upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth, this is classified as an overbite. While many people have a small overbite, a large overbite can cause teeth to wear down, and may also lead to jaw pain.
- Underbite: Contrary to an overbite, an underbite occurs when the lower front teeth are positioned in front of the upper teeth when a person bites down. An underbite can cause teeth to wear down quickly and may also cause difficulty when eating and speaking.
- Crossbite: When upper teeth sit inside lower teeth when a person closes their mouth, this is a crossbite. A crossbite causes a wide range of oral health problems, from the wearing of tooth enamel to chipped teeth and receding gums.
- Gap Teeth: Gap teeth occur when there are extra spaces between two or more teeth. Because food particles can become stuck in pockets between teeth, individuals with gap teeth are more susceptible to developing gum disease.
- Open Bite: If the upper and lower teeth do not touch when a person closes their mouth, this is called an open bite. An open bite can make it difficult to eat or bite into certain foods.
- Crowded Teeth: When teeth overlap, bunch up or twist, they are considered crowded. Gum disease is a major concern for crowded teeth, as there are many places for plaque and bacteria to hide.
Without question, the continued advancements Invisalign has made makes it possible to transform the smiles of millions of children, teens and adults. A certified Invisalign provider can determine if the clear aligner system is the best solution to straighten your teeth.
Dr. Matt Nejad is an Invisalign expert that has been providing Invisalign for 10+ years and Dr. Nejad is very well versed in using different techniques and strategies to achieve the most optimal cosmetic results using Invisalign. Dr. Nejad will assess whether or not Invisalign is the best solution for you to achieve an attractive, balanced smile with optimal oral health and function. In fact, Dr. Nejad may be able to provide accelerated orthodontics via an advanced pulse vibration device if your case is an appropriate case for accelerated orthodontics.
Are you ready to take the first step towards the smile you’ve always wanted? Call and schedule your consultation with Dr. Matt Nejad today.